I had the great honor of making cupcakes for a friends wedding this past weekend!
All of which were completely VEGAN.
I made three flavors, and today I will share my favorite one!
This is a vanilla cake with a raspberry filling, vanilla frosting, and a raspberry topping.
1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup almond milk
1/2 cup canola oil
2 tblsp vanilla extract
1 tblsp apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350 f.
Line your muffin pan with 12 cupcake liners.
1. In a small bowl whisk together milk and vinegar. Let sit aside for a few min.
2. In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. Whisk sugar, oil, and vanilla into milk mixture.
4. Combine both bowls- folding the mix just until the batter is smooth.
5. Fill the liners 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 min.
While the cupcakes are baking/cooling prepare the filling and frosting.
1/2 cup earth balance
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-3 tblsp almond milk
1. Beat earth balance until smooth and creamy. Add sugar, vanilla, and milk. Continue to beat until light and fluffy.
For the filling I took half a cup of frosting and whisked it with a 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves.
Fill cupcakes, top with vanilla frosting, pipe a dollop of raspberry preserves on top and garnish with one fresh berry, cut in half.